Shave Off Your Beard and Hair – Ten Lame Excuses
You better get your fill with this one because I'm not doing this again.
We’re always looking for a little fun here at Self Reliance Works, and some of us are willing to go the extra mile to make that happen. It turns out that it’s my turn to generate a little humor – perhaps very little.
A while back I shaved off all hair on my head, except my eyebrows. I just couldn’t bring myself to do the eyebrows. I have my limits you know. At least I think I do.
So, why might someone do such a thing? I figured that perhaps I could offer at least ten reasons why, even if they’re only lame excuses. Let’s see if anyone is buying what I’m selling here as explanations for my unusual behavior.
I’m sure not buying any of these.
- I didn’t want my friend Ed to be the only bald guy at the supper table.
- It’s something that I’ve never done before.
- Summer is upon us and I need a hairstyle that’s more appropriate for warmer weather.
- I wanted to shock my friends and neighbors.
- Shampoo is just too expensive these days. This is one way to help save money.
- My hair turned gray prematurely, and this is my idea of revenge.
- It was a test to see if my eyebrows alone could carry the day in terms of being well-groomed.
- That itch associated with new hair growth was calling for an encore.
- There’s a part I’m trying out for in a local play. It’s a stage version of Kojak. They loved me baby.
- I’ve never seen what’s underneath all of that hair. Now I know.
It’s certainly not the top ten list that Letterman might be likely to use, but they’re all part of my story and I’m sticking with ‘em.
Anyone else care to try a stunt like this? Ladies, how about you?
I didn’t think so.
Clair Schwan is patiently waiting for his hair to grow back. In the meantime, he’s playing hell trying to pull an undershirt over his head. Now he knows how the idea of Velcro came about.